SITE: Nuclear Plant
CONTAMINANTS: Potentially radioactive suspended solids
Design, manufacturing and commissioning of a water treatment system connected to a soil washing plant for radioactive soil wastes.
The design took into consideration the following conditions:
• High concentrations of suspended solids in water
• Removal of particles smaller than 5 micron
• A maximum flow rate of 10 m3/h
• Three stages filtration include the following:
• Water filtration system with granular media for hyper filtration (up to 5 microns) and a capacity of 400 litres. The system was designed to remove the saturated media potentially radioactive avoiding any contact with the operator.
• Secondary filtration through filter cartridges up to 1 micron.
• Ion exchange resin filtration system specifically designed for the removal of soluble ionized radioactive contaminants. This filter with 400 litres capacity was also designed to remove the saturated media potentially radioactive avoiding any contact with the operator.
Extensive worked was carried out within a short time frame;
All the plants were aligned with the refinery high standard requirements